Jun 6, 2008

Fridays are good days

I love them.
Especially, when someone does to you a huge favor, adivinando tus pensamientos and writing about them, so you don't have to work it all from the scratch. (Am I becoming a lousy blogger? Well, may it's just that it's Friday and I am in need of some Happy Hours)

The favor comes from Babalú Blog, as we hear that Cuban blogger Yoani Sánchez said in a interview that she's for Obama.

I totally agree she is free to think, and said and support whoever she wants --even though when that "free-thinking" is usually a chimera when you live in Cuba. (That's why we are here in the first place!)

But Val's reflexions at this post are the ones that struck me the most, since they summarize most of the thoughts that have been clogging the mind of this "less than expert-citizen-in-election-year".

I do want changes, but not that type of change. And no matter what, I'll admire Yoani's courage unless she proves me wrong. Because respecting differences is what makes a democracy.

Now, all of the sudden, I feel I am a little bit less confused.

No comments: