Nov 4, 2008

Good morning, bright sun

It's sunny and chilly in Northern Colorado today. I woke up early to get ready for work, wearing the patriotic colors we were asked yesterday... can you guess what color am I wearing?

(I'll give you a hint: it matches perfectly with my nail polish and yes, with my lipstick.)

The kiddo delighted me with his usual morning request, eyes still sleepy and half-closed: "Mamá, chafé ton leche, pli?"

And, although I won't be facing lines at the polling places today --I dropped my mail-in ballot last week, personally-- I feel optimistic.

Nothing to do with the way I was feeling yesterday, I must confess.

The greatest morning kick off?

Seeing a lot of McCain/Palin supporters at the stop lights around my neighborhood. Tons of signs for them, some for "Nobama" and several for the Senate and the congressional race.

(We have incumbent Marilyn Musgrave for the 4th Congressional District and Bob Schaffer for the Senate; two Republicans that we might want to keep in office, at least to try to balance out the stuff of you know who.)

The best part of the view? They were all middle and high school kids, the ones holding the signs, weaving as drivers passed by US-34 and cheering along with honks, including mine.

You could only see a couple of hockey-Moms adults in the back, just supervising from near distance, but leaving the spotlight to the younger ones. Too bad I forgot my camera today ;(

Today is our day.

Drop the MSM and the polls; today is up to us to decide the future of this nation and the fate of the values our founding fathers put together to guarantee our freedom. It's up to us if we trash out the Republic and the future or our children.

(Check these amazing videos from the John Birch Society and go back in history to see the roots of what the United States is: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3 and Part 4).

But, in case things goes for the worse, here are some suggestions to survive an Obama presidency, brought to you by Cubanology Biweekly. ;) And don't forget to pray.

No comments: